Welcome To the Prisons Committee
Statistics show that approximately 80% of inmates should be classified as alcoholics, and we may be the only opportunity they have to hear the A.A. message.
Committee Member Responsibilities
Prison Meeting Chair Requirement
Prison Meeting Speaker Requirement
The Prison Committee meets on the 1st Thursday of each month at 7:00pm AT THE INTERGROUP OFFICE, 444 No. 3rd Street, Suite #3E, Philadelphia, PA 19123.
Bucks County Prison Information
Welcome to the Bucks County Zone Prison committee page. Here you will find all the information you need to be involved in this valuable and rewarding type of service.
To start we service the Bucks County Corrections facilities.
The main lockup is located at:
Bucks County Department of Corrections
1730 S. Easton Road
Doylestown, PA 18901
The Work release program is located just around the corner of the main lockup on Almshouse Rd.
Our contacts for these facilities are:
Mike P. – Zone corrections coordinator – p…267-276-2748 – email… firstname.lastname@example.org
Bernadette Riley – Lock down and Work release contact phone…215-345-3748– fax…215-345-3743
We currently support 25 men’s and 30 women’s commitments per month or 17 meetings per week.
The Bucks County DOC requires that all AA hosts and speakers meet the following requirements:
• Minimum age of 21.
• Recovering hosts/speakers/volunteers must have one (1) year of continuous sobriety.
• Hosts/speakers/volunteers must have had no incarcerations for at least two (2) years.
• Hosts/speakers/volunteers must be off any probation or parole supervision for at least two (2) years.
• Valid photo identification must be shown to gain clearance and to enter the facility.
• Hosts/speakers/volunteers must have completely gone through the clearance procedure (below).
The following are expectations of all AA and hosts, speakers:
• A time commitment of at least six (6) months.
• The confidentiality of meeting attendees will be maintained at all times.
• Hosts/speakers will not engage in private solicitation, favors, personal exchanges, gifts, promises of contraband of any kind, or touching of any meeting attendee. If you sense an inappropriate relationship starting, report it immediately. Any of these infractions are grounds for immediate termination.
• No more than three (3) volunteers will be allowed at any one meeting.
• Meetings will be conducted by the same gender volunteers as the attendees.
• Meetings will begin and end at their prescheduled times.
• Hosts/speakers will inform attendees that they must remain in the meeting room until the meeting is completed and the room returned to its original condition.
• Hosts/speakers/volunteers must wear appropriate attire when entering either facility. Halter tops, tank tops, see-through tops, midriffs, tube tops, shorts (men or women), miniskirts, hoodies or any form of open toed shoes will not be permitted. Revealing garments which do not sufficiently cover private areas of the body will be cause for denial of entry.
• Remember, you are a Host/Speaker/Volunteer at a Correctional Facility. Your safety, the safety of the staff and inmates is of the utmost importance. If your meeting is denied, delayed, canceled or cut short it is with this in mind. Please be understanding and cooperative.
The following clearance procedures must be followed prior to accepting a commitment:
• Hosts/speakers/volunteers must obtain clearance by going to the Pennsylvania State Police website at:
In the center of the page check/click at
“NEW RECORD CHECK VOLUNTEERS ONLY” and follow the instructions at each prompt.
There is no cost for volunteers!
If you do not have a criminal record, most of the time, you will get a certificate of clearance immediately.
If your information ‘hits’ on something in the database, you will receive an immediate “Request Under Review” response. This response does not necessarily mean that you have a record; it just means your information requires manual review.
After the review, your status will be updated to “No Record” or “Record,” this can take up to two (2) weeks. If you do have a record you will receive a letter in the mail, at the address you provided, with the details of your record within two to four (2-4) weeks. This does not necessarily mean you are unable to be a volunteer. Your information will need to be reviewed by the Bucks County Correctional Facility (BCCF) Administration to see if your clearance will be granted.
Once you receive your letter/certificate/record:
1.) Please forward that letter/certificate/record, along with
2.) A copy of your valid Driver’s License and
3.) The signed Volunteer Agreement included with this document,
4.) Forward to: BCCF, Drug & Alcohol Treatment Section,
Attention: Bernadette Riley
Via mail: 1730 S. Easton Road, Doylestown, PA 18901;
Or fax: 215-345-3748
Or email (scan): email@example.com
• Hosts/speakers/volunteers should call Bernadette Riley in approximately two (2) weeks to confirm they have been entered into the system for volunteering at 215-345-3748 once (1-4) above is submitted and clearance is approved. After confirmation is received you must attend orientation the 2nd Monday of the month at 3:30 pm at The Women’s Center.
• Once cleared, the names will be maintained on a list of “approved” speakers for one (1) year. Hosts/speakers/volunteers will have to renew their clearance annually.
Taking a Commitment
• Hosts/speakers/volunteers are required to call at least two (2) business days prior to their commitment date to 215-345-3748 (prison). No one will be admitted to either facility unless their names are on the daily memo/calendar sent to the Lobby Officer/Control Center Officer by the Drug and Alcohol Treatment section.
Download Form for Volunteer Agreement:
Chester County Information
If you need assistance with the form below, please contact one of the following individuals:
|Men’s CCZ Prison Coordinator||Mark Afirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Men’s CCZ Alternate Prison Coordinator||Tim Semail@example.com|
|Women’s Prison Coordinator||Mary T||484-366-7265||RebosChescoWomen@gmail.com|
|Women’s Alternate Prison Coordinator||Jess Dfirstname.lastname@example.org|
On the Chester County Prison Form, All spaces must be filled. Use “NONE” if needed. Keep the copy of the Guidelines.
Return the Clearance form and Information form to: Your Intergroup Rep, or, your Chester County Zone Coordinator or mail to:
Chester County Zone Prison Committee
PO Box 443
West Chester, Pa. 19381-0443
Please BE SURE TO INCLUDE A COPY OF YOUR DRIVER’s LICENSE with your clearance form
Click below to download or view the Chester Prison Clearance Form
Delaware County Prison Commitments
Contact: Tom C. at 610-324-7631 or email@example.com or Frank at 484-832-5287
Montgomery County Prison Commitments
Contact: Steve D at 484-753-2333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Philadelphia Prison Commitments
Contact: Fred P at 215-422-2035 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or Matt F at 215-571-5106 or email@example.com
Would you like more information?
Reach out to the SEPIA Prisons Committee to get more information. Use the form below.
Contact the Prisons Committee
- No matching events listed under Prisons. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.